Video marketing is an advertising tactic utilizing video in an attractive and educational way. Videos can appear on the company’s website or on one of the video sharing site like YouTube. The key feature of video marketing campaigns is to improve awareness of a company’s products or services they offer. W. (2016)
The first largest search engines of videos is considered to be Google. Correctly optimized video enhances the chances for the company to appear on the first page of Google.
YouTube is considered to be the second largest platform for sharing the videos. 3 billion views a day – that is an average statistics for this platform. According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network. (YouTube, 2016)
- Produce diverse content on YouTube:An example here will be Nintendo. It produces lots of great content, giving subscribers and other interested parties a reason to return.
- Engage community with YouTube:Audiences are about 10 times more likely to engage, share, and comment on video content than blogs or related social posts.
- Embrace YouTube advertising: YouTube advertising deliver 10 times the click-through rates compared with traditional AdWords and video ad networks. It delivers results through diverse targeting options: contextual, behavioral, geo, retargeting and search.
- Integrate YouTube and web content: An example below shows how a rich tech gear site nicely integrates YouTube video to increase both its search results and product sales. (Content Marketing Institute, 2016)
- Going ViralOne of the greatest examples of making a viral campaign is bringing back vodka «Eristoff» to Russian market. Imitating the attack of wolves on people in videos and uploading them on YouTube, the brand was widely discussed in the news and media, which afforded the brand to regain its lost popularity.
One big advantage: Video has the potential to transmit large amounts of information. A simple 2-3 second video can transmit tons of historical, emotional, and academic information simply from the imagery portrayed in the shot.
On average users visit the site of the company for 48 seconds but with video, this time increases until 5 minutes and 50 seconds. Online video is 5,33 times more effective than ordinary text. The efficiency of email campaigns increase until 90% if they have videos. (YouTube, 2016)
The big company «Slinky Internet Marketing» which specializes in google AdWords and Internet marketing assumes that video production is a hugely more expensive undertaking than just cranking out a page of text content. For a splendid video marketing preparation the company will need: Script, actors, designers, copywriters, editing, mixing. Then the video should be converted to whatever format– and then pray it will work in all browsers. For that kind of investment, the team of marketers see a lot of low-quality videos out there. The company has to think twice about this before going into it, because people will read almost anything, but will ignore an annoying video or skip a boring one. (Perth, WA, 2016)
The second large platform – YouTube – gets a lot of criticism as well. Customer content strategists warn marketers that many views on the video does not mean that all of these people will become their clients. The company should use «YouTube annotations» in videos, to point users to their sites and it will enhance the chances to make from a viewer a customer. (Vidyard, 2016)
Android’s “Friends Furever” video is kind and cute. It was the most-shared video ad of 2015. This campaign shows that even the simplest videos can be extremely shareable with the right subject matter. In this case, that subject is animals. Building the emotional link between users and brand via the video helped Android to gain a broad audience of new users (Kolowich, L., 2016).
Videos have already become a part of the successful marketing mix. Cross-promoting videos with the other content is an effective way to strengthen the different signals the company sends to customers. As more and more users spend time online, especially on the fast growing YouTube, there is no obvious reason not to create a video campaign, as the majority of your competitors will definitely have it.